Friday, September 14, 2007

Skinner's Rat

I was thinking more about what I said earlier. Maybe I'm more like Skinner's rat. Life is my maze, getting out of bed is the lever and the coffee is my food pellet reward. Either way I'm acting like an animal. Damn scientists and their studies on behavior. Its got me all messed up and analytical. Anyhow, the whole point of the blog earlier was supposed to be something else entirely. But I get carried away sometimes and start talking about stuff I never intended to. Anyway, I went into Starcracks this morning (which is my new name for it) and I was just going to get a water and veggie and pesto dip snack. Todd had jogged to Dunkin Donuts (the other love of my life) this morning. (And YES Todd went for a jog, that wasn't a typo). So he had brought me home a coffee, bless his soul. Nothing better than having a cup of coffee on the bedside table when you wake up. So anyway, the point of all this rambling is this...I only wanted to grab a water and some vegetables. But I guess I go into the place so often, that the barista girl actually started making my mocha the second I walked in and I hadn't even ordered it yet. (Ding!) I smell the coffee (Ding!) and I got the stuff I wanted and she winks at me and says "the usual?" So, its official, Barista Girl is like a drug dealer. I think I'm out. I think I can withstand the peer pressure. But she just drags me back in...practically waving the whip cream can in my freaking face. Its a vicious cycle. I would have actually felt guilty if I didn't buy it after she started making it. How messed up is that? I spent $3.25 on something so that Barista girl wouldn't feel stupid. But you know I drank it. And it was totally YUM!
Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment