Thursday, September 20, 2007

Malapropism

Current mood:regretting making an ass of myself

Did you ever say something to someone in a conversation like weeks ago and you can't get it out of your head? Just thinking about the stupid thing you said sort of eats you alive? A few weeks ago I was having a conversation with my sister in law and I said, "I've been too sedimentary lately. I need to get active". And later on that night I did a replay of the conversation in my head and realized that, of course, I meant to say sedentary. I just keep thinking how stupid she must have thought I was. It haunts me. But what can I do? I can't really call her and be like, "remember when i said sedimentary and should have said sedentary?" I would just be reminding her and reliving the embarrassing event all over again. This is what I get for trying to say 4 syllable words. I should stick with the 4 letter ones. I never mess those up.

No comments:

Post a Comment